Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Learning to Ride

Damon has been all about bike-riding this summer... but, until recently, his sister never expressed any interest. I guess her big brother started rubbing off on her and she wanted in on the fun. This bike is one of the Treasures from Our Basement... so, Nick and I took Avery to the school up the street the other day so that she could practice riding.

She loved it!

And before anyone feels the need to point it out... yes, I know she wasn't wearing the recommended protective gear. Yes, I know that makes me a bad mom. It's amazing I've managed to keep my kids alive this long...






5 comments:

Emily Suzann said...

Just wondering...do you remember us wearing "protective gear" when we were bike riding as kids? Yeah, me neither. btw, She is truly your clone! :)

Trish said...

Awww yay Avery!

I have to agree with Emily ;)

Kat's Credence said...

she looks so happy with herself!

Anonymous said...

Hey, give yourself some credit...at least you weren't trying to teach her how to ride while she was wearing flip flops (or at least not in the pics you posted)!

jeaniesworld said...

AWWWWWW - GO AVERY GO!!