Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Things that make you go, "hmmmm"

When we moved into our house here in the Hills, the owners had left a lot of their "stuff" in the basement. So, on Nick's days off from work each week, he spends countless hours piddling in the basement, organizing stuff... their stuff, our stuff... apparently this is a big job.


Since we've been here, I wander down to the basement every now and then, and almost every time I go downstairs, I find a new "treasure."


Today I'm going to share with you my absolute FAVORITE treasure that the owners left behind for me to enjoy.


I've decided that EVERY house should have one of these things.

What is it? you're probably asking... A light of course. A gorgeous light that some proud soul created from plastic cups, little pieces of ribbon, and a string of multi-colored Christmas lights. And it's proudly hanging from our basement ceiling.

AND, during one of Nick's "cleaning/organizing sprees" in the basement, he actually took the time to PLUG this thing in... so that I could enjoy it in all its glory. Thanks, Honey.


Stay tuned for more "Treasures from our Basement." There are plenty more where that came from...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

This post totally made me chuckle! What a find! It looks like a giant mistletoe ball or something. Hang it from your front porch next Xmas? I look forward to more stories & pictures from the basement! It sounds like a book or a movie. lol

Carrie Hewitt said...

Erin,
That contraption resembles something I once saw in a fraternity house over the beer pong table. Are you near a college or something? Im surprised they left that behind.......