Thursday, April 24, 2008

Signing Off!

This will probably be my last post until next week sometime (devastating, I know!).

Tomorrow morning, at O'dark thirty, I'm hopping on a plane and heading East. My daddy is picking me up at the airport and ferrying me to my hometown for my friend Christie's wedding (he's my date for the occasion). I blogged about her proposal HERE last year, and the big day has finally come!

Today, I have a lot to do to prepare for the big event. Of course I'm wayyyy behind on my work and am going to get further behind this weekend, but oh well. It'll be here when I get back, right??

I still need to have my mother alter my bridesmaid dress this afternoon. It needs to be hemmed, I'm sure, because I'm vertically challenged. And she's also going to "adjust" something on the top of the dress so that my cleavage doesn't cause Christie's wedding pictures to be X-rated. (I'm cursing Christie right now because the rest of her bridal party is made up of stick figures. So unfair.)

I still need to pack... and try to figure out HOW to pack this bulky bridesmaid dress for the flight. That should be interesting. And, I need to find something to wear to the rehearsal dinner tomorrow night. I have a feeling everyone is going to look "super cute," and I just don't know if I can pull that off, especially with what's in my wardrobe at the moment... NOTHING even close to "super cute."

So, it's going to be a busy day and probably a sleepless night. But I am looking forward to spending the weekend with two of my favorite people in the world: Christie and my dad.

I'm sure to have oodles of new, fun pictures to share with you next week, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give Christie *hugs* for me. Have fun and definately make tons of pics!

Carrie Hewitt said...

Erin,
I am excited about your fun weekend. I love weddings and always have a good time at them. Congrats to your friend and tell ole' Uncle Ed hello for us! Love ya...be careful!

Lisa said...

O'dark thirty! ROFL! I hope you have a most wonderful time!