Sunday, July 01, 2007

Hip Hip Hooray!

Last night, I received a phone call from my best friend, Christie... she called to tell me that her boyfriend had just PROPOSED! She was beside herself with joy, and I was so grateful to share that moment and a little of that joy with her.

Christie and I have known each other since Kindergarten! And although we were friends/acquaintances over the years, we didn't become really "close" until our Senior year of high school... over 13 years ago now. Since then, we've seen each other through countless ups and downs, sharing a lot of laughs and too many tears along the way!

At this point in our lives, to say that we're "best friends" doesn't even come close to describing our relationship. On one hand, we're more like sisters (although, even THAT doesn't sound good enough). Christie is, without a doubt, "family" to me... in the purest sense of the word.

Over the years, I have felt her pain as if it were my own. So, today, it thrills me to no end to feel her joy... on what is, I'm sure, one of happiest days of her life! I've cried many tears of heartbreak with Christie, and just knew that ONE DAY we'd cry most-welcome tears of joy together... even when SHE doubted it, I knew that happiness was waiting for her somewhere!

Oddly enough, I have yet to meet Duke. I've never spoken to him and know very little about him... only that he is the reason that Christie and I cried tears of joy together last night... and that's enough for me... as of right now, I'm adding him to the "people I love" list, lol!

So, the hugest Congratulations are going out to Christie and Duke. I know this is only the very beginning of a lifetime of joy and "happy tears." And you better believe that I'll be there, every step of the way, to celebrate what's to come with both of you!

YAY, Christie's getting married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you, CAD, unconditionally... but you already knew that! *wink*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Christie!!