Sunday, February 24, 2008

Needed a fix...

of the Internet, that is.

The good news is that we arrived safe and sound at our new home... and we're already more than halfway unpacked/organized. The move was pretty much a nightmare, and tonight I'm beyond thrilled that it's behind us! I would say the infamous words ("I'm never moving again!"), but I know that would be a lie...

Anyway... TUESDAY we're getting cable/Internet/phone! It's so awful to feel "disconnected" from the world in every way possible. So, I've been moving around every square inch of the house today, trying to find just the right spot to steal an unassuming neighbor's wireless Internet connection. And tonight, I've finally found it! YAY!

We're all adjusting pretty well to the new place, I think. The kids found friends across the street to play with... so they've been on Cloud Nine for the past 2 days. Damon is a little nervous about starting school this week... But I'm sure he'll be okay once he gets there and everyone loves him (who wouldn't love him?? lol).

It's a little strange being in a new town and knowing NOTHING about it. Nick is the most familiar with where we are (since he's been over here for a couple of months already). But, unfortunately, he had just enough time to drop us off here and then he headed back out on the road. He was nice enough to show me the way to WalMart before he left, though. Thank GOODNESS. We've already made several trips there, of course.

The town we're living in is MUCH bigger than I thought it was going to be... it's really a booming metropolis compared to where we came from. We've spent the past 3 years living in the middle of a cornfield... and now we live in a very congested neighborhood (and park our cars on the street, eeegads!), "in town," on the side of a mountain. It's interesting, to say the least!

I love my cute little house. Nick did a good job finding it for us (I always had faith in him!). It's a small house... maybe even smaller than the one we just left. But I really love the way it's laid out, and it's a NICE house. I've taken oodles of pics already... and one of these days, hopefully, I'll get around to sharing them.

Okay, enough rambling for now. I'm actually surprised that this poor Internet connection that I'm stealing has lasted long enough for me to make this post! I just wanted to pop on and let everyone know that we're alive and well. And missing our old home and the friends there tremendously (but I'm not gonna think about that right now or else I'll be a blubbering mess!).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Erin!
I'm so excited for you!
I have such romantic feelings about moving to a new place that I'm totally jealous as well.
Talk to you soon!

Grampy said...

Nice to hear that the Witscheys have landed safely (side-hill lie not withstanding) in weird, wild, wonderful Weirton (How weird is THAT?!!!)

fireflymom said...

Congrats! You made it!

Carrie Hewitt said...

Erin..Im anxious to see pictures! I would love to live in the mountains......how beautiful! Ive always been proud to be from there.....so peaceful, and absolutely breathtaking...and...most of the people in those mountain towns are geniuinely nice!