Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Settling In

Most of the boxes are unpacked and the house is coming together rather quickly, actually.

And now I find that I don't have a clue what to do with myself. I want to be able to hop in the car and drive to my friend Trish's house and spend another evening there, just hanging out. But obviously that can't happen. Sigh.

Damon still hasn't started school... because schools have been closed all but one day since we've been here. It snows a lot in the mountains. We were actually looking FORWARD to the snow before we got here... and now, I'm ready for Spring already!

The kids are loving it, of course. We had to go buy Damon a little sled the other night, and he's spent a lot of time on it. There's no shortage of snow or hills around here... so he's a happy kid. Grandma and I are tired of bundling the kids up to go out in the snow several times a day... that is quite a chore!!

I finally got some pics uploaded, so I thought I'd share a few (I noticed earlier that my blog has been photo-less for far too long!!).

The house...


The view from the house...

Avery watching the snow fall from the living room window...

And, the kids playing in the snow...






4 comments:

Grampy said...

Thanks so much for the pics and update -- and Happy Birthday (or first day of your 33rd year!). . . I know I'm 45 min. early (IF Weirton is in the Eastern time zone!) -- but trying to make up for the fact that your card will probably not arrive til the 2nd day of your 33rd year! Love u . . . hugs & kisses to all.

Anonymous said...

So glad that you are settling in! I wish that we had some snow to play in here *Sigh*
I am so glad that you are finally older than me! Yee-haw, I was wondering when that would happen! JK Grampy! Happy Birthday, Juicee. LYLAS BFF!
-Poopy :)

Lisa said...

Erin, your house is adorable. Love the pics of the kids playing in the snow. They look so darn happy! Glad to hear you're settling in pretty quick. I've been thinking about you a lot.

Happy Birthday!!

Katie said...

So happy to see where you are living...I can't track you down and know exactly which house. :)
Love the snow pictures! The kiddos look so happy. But you know I am giggling because I have at least 60 inches in my front yard right now.