Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Time to get crafty!

I have a busy evening ahead of me... but unlike the work-related kind of busy that I dread, I'm actually looking forward to tonight's projects!

Tomorrow evening is the Cub Scouts' Christmas party, and I volunteered (some time ago, of course) to make ornaments for each of the boys. So, I've taken pics of most of the scouts in their uniforms and now I need to make 50 snowflake foam ornaments with their pics and glitter glue. Hopefully my husband will be a dear and help out with this one!

I also have to make three tutus... for three grown men. Every year, the parents and volunteers put on a little Christmas program for the scouts, and of course Nick and I got roped into that this year. Broadway it's not, but still, it's turning into quite the production with the costumes and props. My mom is coming over tonight to help with the tutu-making!

Tomorrow is also Nick's birthday, although I fear it's going to be overshadowed by the Christmas party (but I don't think he'll mind terribly!). I am planning to cook his traditional birthday meal (sausage links and mac and cheese) and I bought cake and brownie mixes, too.

AND, once all of that is behind me, I have a book to finish editing this weekend... although I'm trying not to even think about that right now! Tutus and snowflakes are much more fun than a book about cardiogenic shock.

3 comments:

Grampy said...

Happy Birthday to Nick!! Sorry I missed it -- and I don't have his email for a more personal greeting. Hi to all xxoo

Carrie Hewitt said...

I cant wait to see the grown men in tu tus! Will you post those pictures please?

Duckman said...

Carrie no offense but I will be personally trying to delete any tutu pictures, before they make it to public viewing. I hope it works in my line of thinking anyway!