Thursday, August 07, 2008

Seven years

Seven years ago, I knew exactly what I was doing... what I was "getting myself into."
Today, I realize I had no clue.

Seven years ago, I repeated those infamous vows with no doubt that it would be easy to keep my promises.
Today, I know that promises are sometimes hard to keep... but that everyone deserves a second chance.

Seven years ago, I thought I was marrying my best friend.
Today, I realize I barely knew the man I married... but I've learned a lot in 7 years (and so has he).

Seven years ago, we went on a honeymoon and spoiled ourselves silly with indulgences galore.
Today, it's business as usual around here... we'll work, cook, clean, walk the dogs, bathe our gorgeous kids, and fall into bed exhausted (but content) at the end of the day.

Seven years ago and today do have some things in common---on both days I felt like the luckiest girl alive and knew we had something special that could, in fact, last a lifetime. I believe that I loved you just as much then as I do now, only now I might have a better understanding of what that means. And I always knew, from Day One, that a life with you by my side would be anything but dull... you haven't disappointed me so far!

Today, I know that the adventure is still just beginning... seven years is nothing in the big scheme of things. I have no idea what the future will hold, only that you'll be by my side, no matter what. I know that I'll love you just as much 50 years from now as I did on that hot, August day... seven years ago.

Happy Anniversary, Witschey... I'm still "very fond of you."

12 comments:

Grampy said...

Nicely stated. . . Happy Anniversary, Erin (and Nick)

Trish said...

What a wonderful post! happy anniversary Momma and Nick. I miss you guys more everyday. I hope you get a date night this weekend and spoil yourselves rotten again.

I love you!

Carrie Hewitt said...

Have a wonderful day you two! It makes me smile to hear how happy you are together....that is a hard to thing to find these days, so I am glad you two are still madly in love!

Carrie Hewitt said...

What are your plans to celebrate? Can you tell us?

Emily Suzann said...

Happy anniversary! Love ya! :)

ErinRagan said...

No plans, Carrie. Like I said in the post, it's "business as usual" here today! ;)

Shayna said...

Happy Anniversary!

jeaniesworld said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! THAT WAS SO SWEET! I LOVE YOU GUYS - I HOPE YOU GET TO DO SOMETHING SPECIAL!

Tammi said...

Happy, happy anniversary!

Jennifer said...

Happy anniversary to you both!

Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary, Nick and Erin! 7 years, Wow! Keep up whats workin'!!!!

Love to both of you!

Anonymous said...

Have you considered working for Hallmark?