Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Playing in the Rain

One afternoon last week, I took these pics of the kids enjoying yet another summer storm. We had been outside playing and it was gorgeous and sunny. Then, it started to sprinkle... and I thought, "okay, I'll let the kids play around in the sprinkles for a while..."Then, it started to POUR. And they went from damp to soaked to the bone in about two seconds. I just stayed on the porch, snapping pics of them acting like total fools out there in the rain. They had a blast!



And, poor Lizzie... She had been tied up outside on her runner before it started raining. And I guess I kinda forgot about her. She was plastered up against the front door, shivering, and I'm sure she was thinking, "can't we go in now?!?!" She's such a sorry excuse for a dog...

2 comments:

Carrie Hewitt said...

How fun! That will be one of those childhood memories those two keep with them forever. I can recall a play session in the rain some 20 years ago or so.......

A Little Of A Lot said...

Love the pics, especially Avery's piggies in the puddle.
They look like they were having a blast.