Saturday, July 26, 2008

Say a little prayer...

for me and my young... and anyone else who is unlucky enough to cross Nick's path this weekend.

At some point yesterday (right before dinner, I think), Nick ran out of cigarettes. And we have no money with which to buy more. I mean, NO money. All of the drawers, pockets, couch cushions, vehicles have already been scoured for loose change... We're broker than broke.

And payday is still four long days away.

I've known Nick for almost 9 years, but I've never seen him without nicotine for 4 days. He's tried to quit smoking a gazillion times, but it never lasts more than 1 or 2 days (usually not even close to that long) before he's running to the nearest convenience store for a fix.

Of course, if Nick is out of nicotine, so am I. But, I've been a smoker for a fraction of the time my husband has. And, I'm lucky enough to be pumped full of Wellbutrin/Zyban, so it's not going to bother me nearly as much to go without.

Which is a good thing. At least I can stay sane (as sane as I get, anyway!) and protect our children from their father's wrath this weekend!

4 comments:

NK said...

I can only imagine! So, how is Nick holding up? And how are you and the kids doing with coping?

Jennifer said...

Holy Moly! How's everyone doing?

A Little Of A Lot said...

You may have to share the Wellbutrin ;-)

ErinRagan said...

No way, Penny. I don't SHARE my Wellbutrin. lol

We're all still alive... counting the days, no the MINUTES, 'til payday.