Sunday, July 27, 2008

(my first ever) Commitment to Loveliness

A mommy friend of mine (who just happens to be a lovely person!) hosts this Commitment to Loveliness challenge on her blog quite frequently... and although I think it's a fun idea, I've never actually participated. Until today.

I don't know about you, but I could definitely use some "lovely" in my life this week. So here goes...

My five lovely goals:

1. Walk Comet twice a day (I usually cheat and only take him once, if that, because I'm a lazy slacker).
2. Sit down with pen and paper and actually write a letter (or card or whatever) to a loved one.
3. Remove the old, peeling polish on my nails and re-paint them a lovely, fresh color.
4. Clean my desk *shudder* and find a way to organize mail/bills/etc.
5. Get my butt to the post office and mail a box o' books that I promised Stephenie ages ago (and mail #2 while I'm at it)!

So... those are my goals for this week. I'll post an update next weekend and let you know how I managed! And if you'd like to play along, go visit Emily's blog and join us (I feel lovelier already!).

3 comments:

Chris said...

All excellent ideas! Stick to your guns and take some time for yourself!

Carrie Hewitt said...

Sounds like a great idea....I'll commit to loveliness next week after I get this horrible paper written on "My Human Development"...YUCK....Have you ever studied Freud? He is a FREAK!!!

Chris said...

Is there anything on that list that will help with underground hazardous liquid pipelines? Or bulk petroleum storage tanks? The EPA, and the USCG? I could use some heavy-duty lovlieness tricks these days.