Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Random Things

Momma Trish tagged me, woo hoo!

I'm supposed to post 6 random things about myself... so here goes:

1. I like a little coffee with my cream and sugar every morning (and sometimes at night, if I have to stay up late working). I call myself a fan of coffee, but I don't think that's the case... I really just like an excuse to drink sweet milk and/or creamer.

2. I have/had (apparently the jury's still out on whether it ever goes away) Lyme Disease when I was newly pregnant with Damon. Pregnancy itself was bad enough (as far as the sick factor); pregnancy with Lyme Disease was twenty times worse. Ticks are evil.

3. I attended two colleges before I graduated (10 years ago! eeeeek!): freshman year at the University of Dayton and the next three years at UMBC. I hated almost every day of my college years, but now sometimes wish I could go back and try them again (enjoying them the second time!).

4. I spent three weeks of my 17th summer traveling around Europe, singing with a group of fellow American high-school chorus geeks. I ate chicken nuggets and set my hair on fire (damn power converter piece o' junk) in Paris; was sick in bed with tonsilitis during my time in Austria; cried a lot as I walked around Dachau concentration camp in Germany; climbed all 509 steps (ouch!) to the top of that darn cathedral ("The Dome") in Cologne; and was thrilled to be back on American soil at the end of our tour. (And, in case you're wondering, I really have no desire to return to Europe.)

5. I will eat almost anything, but a few things I absolutely cannot stand are raisins, coconut (of the shredded variety), and canned spinach. Blech!

6. I still have to edit 195 pages of this Godforsaken medical book. Pass the cream and sugar!

I'm supposed to tag six fellow bloggers, who are supposed to then post six random things about themselves on their blogs. So... Ellen (this is your punishment for not liking the Outlander books, lol), Carrie, Alli (although she's on her way to England right now!), Tilda, Lisa, and Linda Lou --- Tag, you're it!

6 comments:

Tammi said...

Well - I learned something new about you. I didn't know you were in Europe. How exciting. I would love to do that but not in Europe. lol Traveling around the US, hitting all the National Parks, is something I would like to do someday.

Tammi

ErinRagan said...

YAY! Tammi learned something new about me! lol

If we ever go to a crop together again (and I really hope we do!), remind me to bring my Europe scrapbook! It's still a work in progress (like every album I have), but I'd love to share it with you! And the little journal I kept during my trip... now THAT is some funny stuff!

Ellen said...

Hope you enjoy my random facts!

Maria said...

I have no idea how you didn't enjoy every second of UMBC. It's such a fun and diverse school, i loved every second of my time there!

ErinRagan said...

Maria, I didn't really hate the school all that much. I just hated being there, in school, still studying, etc. In my mind, I was ready to NOT be a student anymore... to be an adult and get married and have babies. (Little did I know that wouldn't happen for several years even after I graduated anyway, so I should've slowed down and enjoyed my college years... of course I realize that NOW!)

Linda said...

Turd... lemme see what I can come up with!