Sunday, July 13, 2008

Comments about comments

My friend Angie made an interesting blog post today.

And I wholeheartedly agree with her... I think we, as bloggers, SHOULD absolutely respond to the few (in my case, anyway, lol) comments we receive. I appreciate the fact that people comment, so I'm sure they'd appreciate it if I commented back (and when have you ever known me to have NOTHING to say??)...

And, I do try to comment back quite a bit (I think), or at least more than a lot of bloggers I read! I can probably count on one hand the amount of times someone has responded to a comment I left on their blog... and yeah, it's a little disheartening (just a little).

Sometimes when I do respond to a comment someone made on my blog, I find myself wondering if they'll even come back to those comments to SEE if I responded. I know that I don't always do that... follow-through to see if a blogger responded to me (well, because they rarely do!). So, every now and then, I'll respond via e-mail... because then I KNOW that person will see my response.

So, here's the point of this post: Like Angie, I'm going to make an effort to respond more to comments left on my blog. So that means you commenters should check back, k?

And, REALLY, I encourage anyone who's reading to comment! It really makes my day when I get lotsa comments on a post, any post... or when I get a comment from someone who's never commented before (THAT'S like Christmas! and thanks, Libby!). It's just nice to know you're out there reading, even if I don't have a clue who you are (introduce yourself!), or haven't spoken to you since our days of playing kickball on the playground.

And, oh my goodness, when I don't get any comments for a while, my dad decides that all of my so-called friends have abandoned me... and I think he worries (isn't he sweet?!?!?). So, if you won't do it for me, please comment for my dad's sake!

7 comments:

Grampy said...

blah blah blah blah -- blah

ErinRagan said...

Grampy, I can always count on YOU for comments, I know... even if I don't always understand them. lol
XOXO.

Tammi said...

Hey Erin! I read your blog EVERY day but I very rarely comment. I'm sorry! I'll try to be better about it. I love to read your blog - you make me laugh.

Hugs! Tammi

Angela James said...

Hey! I post interesting posts EVERY day. Not just today. ;)

And you know, Blogger does have this nifty thing that lets you have follow-up comments emailed, which I usually check, so people don't have to come back to get them.

ErinRagan said...

I've seen the "e-mail follow-up comments" thing on your blog, Angie... but I've never actually checked it.

There's an idea. lol

Alli said...

I check out your blog Erin!!!! You should pop into the Shaker Box and say hello!!!!!

ErinRagan said...

Hi, ALLI!!!!

I DO need to stop in at The Shaker... you're right! I miss you girls!