Saturday, April 19, 2008

All Alone

That's me.

For the first time in forever... I'm home all by my lonesome.

Nick just left (minutes ago) to go back to work. His 48 hours home really flew by this week. *sad face* And I won't get to see him at all when he comes back next weekend *another sad face* because I'll be out of town for my friend Christie's wedding.

And, the kids are gone tonight, too... for a sleepover at Grandma's (did I ever post on here that Grandma moved out and got her own apartment?? Well, she did, so now you know!). Grandma's new apartment is exactly 1 mile from here... she's right at the bottom of the hill we live on. It's great because she's still close by, so she still sees the kids a lot... but now she has her own "space," which I think she's thoroughly enjoying.

The kids were really excited to leave me tonight for a sleepover... and I'm trying not to be upset about that. I was really looking forward to a night alone, too, honestly. But now that it's here, I find myself kinda bored... and lonely. I actually miss those little dirty faces and whiny voices... just a little.

I'm planning on getting some work done tonight, since no one is here to distract/interrupt me, for a change. But working on Saturday night is soooo dull, isn't it?? Oh well... now you know the truth---I'm a dull, dull person.

No comments: