Thursday, October 25, 2007

Doesn't she look good on me??

I was always a "baby person." When I was a little girl, if there was a baby within a 10-mile radius, I found it and carried it around and loved it. I've just always loved babies... the smaller the better!

But then I had my own babies. And I loved them to pieces, Lord knows, but they kinda cured me of the baby fever that I'd always suffered from. Maybe I ODed on babies for a few years...

My friend Trish always jokes that her uterus hurts when she sees a new baby (and we see lots of new babies in our playgroup!), and I laugh at her and think, "you're nuts." My uterus does NOT long for another baby, ever. I'm beyond thrilled that my uterus will forever be barren at this point in my life...

But then I met Delilah.

Is she not the cutest thing you've ever seen??
Miss Delilah actually belongs to my friend Maria and her husband Chad and their other three children. And I'm very grateful that they let me borrow her on occasion.
Delilah Mae does, in fact, make my uterus ache. And I think it's a darn good thing that I am no longer physically capable of reproducing (I'm sure my husband is very grateful, too!).

2 comments:

Maria said...

As soon as she's done with these boobs you can have her whenever you want (but unfortunately she will probably be a lot less tiny (but fortunatly she'll also be a lot less noisey!)

Trish said...

I think I may have to fight you for her ;)