Monday, August 27, 2007

It's been a GREAT day!

And what a totally random day to be "great"... it's no occasion, no one's birthday (well, it is my ex-boyfriend's birthday---Happy Birthday, Kris---but I don't think that should really affect the quality of MY day, lol). I have no idea why things are going so well on this particular day, but hey, I'll take it!

The best thing that happened today: Nick finally got his CDL!!!!! (That's commercial driver's license, for those of you who don't know... I've been asked this question several times today!). YAY, Yippee, Hip Hip Hoory for my Witschey! It's been a long, frustrating, costly road for him, but today it all paid off.

So, I'm not really sure yet what his newly acquired CDL will mean for him/us. But, he'll definitely have more options now as far as jobs are concerned, which is never a bad thing!

Another good thing that happened today: I got a blasted paycheck! WHEW! I haven't received a check in AGES, and had 7 outstanding invoices... which is a nice chunk o' change. So, Nick and I both breathed a HUGE sigh of relief when the mail came today. Money in the mail is ALWAYS a good thing!

Another good thing: The mailman also brought me a new book from Paperback Swap. I've recently discovered a yummylicious series that I can't get enough of! I ordered the first 2 books from Paperback Swap several weeks ago... halfway through the 1st book, I rushed to my computer and ordered the next FOUR from Amazon. I devoured the first 6 books in no time (and thoroughly enjoyed each and every page). So, today the 7th book in the series arrived in the mail and I'm doing a happy dance! If I didn't have work to do, I'd probably have my nose buried in it right now...

We ended our "great day" by going out to dinner to celebrate Nick's new license. All 4 of us went to one of our favorite local restaurants... we had tasty meals, the kids were both well-behaved (shocking, eh?), and we just enjoyed an evening out together! YAY!

So, it was just an all-around GOOD day for our little family, in our little corner of the world. It's nice to have one of those every once in a while!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Nick!!!!
Glad it was a good day & the kids kept with the good theme.

Ellen said...

That series looks kinda raunchy, I hope by reading them I don't ruin my "good girl" reputation.