Friday, June 08, 2007

Taking a minute...

to say HI! to all of my blog fans (okay, really all FIVE of you... I'm not delusional enough to think that I have a huge following, and since only a few people ever comment here... *hint, hint*).

I just realized that I haven't blogged in over a week... again. BAD ERIN. And actually I have lots to blog about!! Nick and I went to our first-ever Nextel Cup race earlier this week (thanks to my friend, Angie... I'll tell that story later!)... and, as usual, I have tons of new Damon/Avery pics to share... and I'm sure I could come up with some cute "kid stories" to share, too (they really DO say the darnedest things! lol).

But, I'm feeling lazy... so I thought I'd just pop by to say "Hi" instead, and let you know that I'll be posting all of that fun stuff... one of these days!

At the moment, I have ants in my pants... Tonight is my playgroup's "Mom's Night Out," and I couldn't be more thrilled!!! I feel like it's been ages since we've done this and I've been looking forward to it all week! I spent the afternoon making the infamous Wild Rice Chicken Salad... it has become a favorite among my mom friends, since I made it for one of our brunches several months ago. It really is yummy... but I can't take credit for it, unfortunately. I got the recipe from my stepmom, Mary, who I believe got the recipe from her good friend Carol (beyond that, I have no clue where it originated... maybe Mary could leave a comment *hint, hint* and give us more info!).

I'll add that recipe to my "things to be posted" in the near future. It's a PERFECT summer dish! You can take my word for it.

So, anyway, Mom's Night Out is being hosted by my friend Jennifer tonight... at her lovely home, complete with a POOL! And what could be more perfect on this HOT day (it was 95 degrees here) than floating around a pool with a cold beverage in my hand, surrounded by my best group of mommy friends (WITHOUT kids, no less)?? I'm thinking it sounds absolutely, positively fabulous (and will give me more material for yet another blog post... later!).

Tomorrow will be a busy day... Damon has a T-Ball game at noon and then we're heading to my niece Rachel's birthday party. She turned 7 yesterday (where does the time go? I'm still working on a birth sampler that I started cross-stitching for her when she was a fetus, lolol), and we're looking forward to celebrating with diva Rachey and her sisters!

So, I'll be back, soon hopefully, with more posts and lots of photos that I know you're dying to see! And just in case all of my "hinting" didn't work earlier in this post, please feel free to leave me a little comment and let me know you're checking in on us and our uber-exciting day-to-day lives (humor me, anyway!).

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Hey, I'm just as bad. It's been over a week since I've posted. Hope you had a great time with the "moms", but don't forget to hang out with your(probably only)childless, kinda single friend once in a while. We should plan a play date. Call me sometime

Tammi said...

HELLO Erin! I check in just about everyday to see what's new! You know I love ya!

Tammi :-)

ErinRagan said...

Now, see there... I had NO CLUE that Tammi read my blog! :) Isn't this fun?!?!? lol Thanks for commenting, Tammi!!!!

Ellie... what exactly does "kinda single" mean? Apparently we need to talk!!!

Anonymous said...

Guess who!! Well I found you on myspace and read that you did this blog so I wanted to leave you a message on here. So cool you went to a race. They are fun. I have gone to 3 races...I will never go back to Lowes motor speedway again...talk about big and rednecks everywhere wait guess that is what racing is all about!! I love ya E!!