Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Rain, rain, go away! (and other random thoughts)

It's raining cats and dogs here today... which is actually okay with me. I like rain. Although, it's making me feel very lazy. I'm supposed to be working like a fiend because Avery is at Miss Trish's today... instead, I'm eyeballing the couch and thinking how warm and cozy it looks.

So, I decided to compromise and take a break from work to post a blog entry instead! :)

I'm afraid nothing terribly exciting is going on in my World... which is why I haven't been posting much. It just seems like more of the same every day.

Yesterday, we did have a fun Easter Egg Hunt with our playgroup. I took a million and one pics, so I could be sharing Easter Bunny pics with you now, but I haven't actually taken the time to get the pics off of my camera yet. But, they'll be along eventually, I promise. Maybe even later today/tonight... so keep your eyes peeled!

On the Easter topic... I went to Walmart a few nights ago to purchase the makings for two Easter baskets for Demon and Emma (just for you, Dad! lol). And, I have never in my life since so much JUNK for Easter. There must be 6 or 7 aisles in our Walmart devoted to Easter baskets. It's just insane. And, now, I'm not a very "religious" person, but it dawned on me as I was walking around the store that Easter IS supposed to be about Jesus and not Bunnies and eggs.

It also dawned on me that my children wouldn't have a clue that Easter had to do with anything OTHER than Bunnies and eggs. *enter a Bad Mommy moment here* Damon even asked me the other day: "Mom, what's Easter all about?" ummmm, I was speechless. I KNOW what Easter is all about but how do I even begin to explain that to a 6 year old who has never stepped foot in a church and will look at me like I'm speaking Greek if I try to tell the Easter story??

Sigh. Clearly, we're going to have to work on that...

On a lighter note, Nick and I have a date night planned for this Friday. I'm insanely excited about this, because I honestly can't remember the last time we went out for an evening sans kids. And, like most young-ish married couples with little devilish children, we could definitely USE a night out together!

Okay, I think my "break" is over, and unfortunately work is calling me... blech. Since I don't have any Easter Egg Hunt pics uploaded, you'll have to settle for some cute pics of Avery out of the bath and squeaky clean a few nights ago. She really IS a dollbaby when you can get the mop of hair out of her eyes and the orange Cheetos cleaned off of her face...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What do you think it means when you think your child is Beeeeutiful and they look exactly like you? I'm just wondering because I feel the same way.
(if you feel the need to tell me that Regan looks like her father you can just keep quiet)