Monday, December 18, 2006

Trimming the Tree... finally!

I finally gave in and admitted that Christmas is in fact rapidly approaching, much to my dismay!

Last night, the kids and I put up our pathetic little Christmas Tree.

Our tree is a really cheap artificial tree that Nick and I bought 6 years ago at Rite Aid for $19.99. It's pretty sad. But, for $19.99, it's been a good tree (and I'm think I'm attached to it for sentimental reasons, lol).

Nick was working last night, so I didn't have his help with the lights... which is the part of tree trimming that I absolutely loathe!!! So, I put the tree together and literally threw the lights on it... I did a hideous job.

Then, I let the kids hang all of the ornaments. I figure it's really for THEM, anyway... and since it's only going to be up for a week or two at the most, who cares... let 'em have some fun, right??

Fun they had... and I did help hang a FEW ornaments on the top foot of the tree that Damon couldn't stretch to reach.

Enough of my blabbering... here are some pics (which I know are what Damon and Avery's fans really come here to see):



3 comments:

Linda said...

I think it is about the sweetest tree I have EVER seen!!! Great job on it guys!!!

Anonymous said...

You're better than me!
No tree, no stockings!
This will definitely not be a Christmas for Regan to remember.

Anonymous said...

You've beat us. Our tree isn't up yet and we don't have a good excuse. Anyway, the tree looks festive. I'm sure the Christmas spirit has hit you now that you've decorated.