Monday, September 18, 2006

Work Widow: Day One

I really thought I'd enjoy Nick's "business trip." I loved it when he worked nights before and I could stay up all hours, guilt-free, doing what I like to do after the kids were in bed asleep.

But, my husband hasn't been gone for 24 hours yet, and I'm ready for him to come home already!!

I think it's just KNOWING that he's sooooooooooo far away that breaks my heart. When we dropped him off at the airport yesterday, both kids got hysterical when Daddy said goodbye. I didn't expect that... didn't think they'd even understand that he'd be gone for 2 weeks. But, apparently they're more intuitive than I give them credit for. It was a very sad scene and left me with a heavy heart on the 2-hour drive home... sans hubby/Daddy.

On a happier note, Nick did arrive safely... he survived two flights, although he didn't "enjoy" them... at all, lol. I know he was relieved to be on the ground, driving a CAR again when he got there!

I think it's going to be a LOOOOONG two weeks. And I'm really hoping that my friends will keep me busy (hint, hint, friends! lol) while he's gone so that I don't just sit around missing him the whole time. Eleven more days (ugh!) and counting... until we can retrieve him from the airport again. I'm already smiling just picturing our reunion!

No comments: