Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Day 3: Sick, sick, and more sick, UGH!

Nick has been gone for three full days now, and all I can say is:

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Not only do we all miss him like crazy, but we're all still SICK.

The kids have been taking antibiotics and OTC cold meds forever, it seems, but none of it is really doing much good. I bought some OTC meds for myself yesterday, and of course had the opposite reaction to "daytime" formula, and could hardly hold my eyes open all afternoon. THIS is why I don't take cold meds... but I'm just feeling so miserable, I thought I'd give it a try. So much for that. *sigh*

Damon did return to school Monday, and his teacher keeps assuring me that he's doing fine there all day... but I have to wonder since he sounds like he's coughing up a lung every morning. I feel terrible sending him to school like that. But, what's a mom to do??

I've spent a lot of time this week talking to Nick on our speaker cell phones when he's back at his hotel each evening. Not quite the same as having him HERE, in the flesh, but at least we can spend some "time" together each night while he's gone, and the kids get to chat with him, too.

It sounds like they're keeping him very busy while he's out there... he's been hard at work studying each night and taking quizzes each day. Poor thing... he can't remember the last time he had to use his brain to this capacity, lol.

So, 3 days down, 9 more to go. (why does that sound like eternity??)

No comments: