Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A New Job!!!!

No, not for me... the big job search that I embarked on about a month ago was downright pathetic. I was called on ONE interview and didn't get a call back for that one, wahhhhh.

BUT, enough bad news... the good news is that my husband landed an awesome job!!

For the first time in his life, Nick:
  • Received a formal job offer from someone in an HR Department
  • Is being flown across the country, put up in a hotel, and given a rental car for 11 days of job training
  • Will receive a GREAT salary (Yes, salary. He'll actually make the same amount of money each week, so we can BUDGET for the first time in our lives... how exciting is that?!?!)
  • Will receive great benefits (health, dental, vision, 401K, SPP, the whole nine yards!)
  • Will have to wear "business casual" to work every day (okay, so he did that once before, when he sold cars... but still, it's exciting... no more grease and grime and holey t-shirts, YAY!)
  • Has a desk job... like, he sits at a computer all day; no more physical labor
Anyway, it's been an exciting week. Nick had a round of interviews with this company and we sat around very nervously for several days, just HOPING that something good would happen. And, it did.

So, I'm really not devastated that I haven't found a fabulous job yet. I'm starting to think it's just not "meant to be" for me right now... I've battled with going back to work versus staying home with Avery for a couple more years, and now I feel like the decision has been made for me, in a way. I'm still going to keep my eyes and ears open for any opportunities, but I'm not too stressed about HAVING to find a job right now. I'm thrilled that Nick found the job that he did, and that I CAN stay home longer. And, I've still got my editing work (yippeee! yes, that is definitely sarcasm).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats guys! That is great, I know that you are both breathing a sigh of relief. Best of luck!