Sunday, August 06, 2006

Hope Restored

Today was a good day... no, today was a GREAT day!

If you recall my really whiny, I'm-feeling-so-sorry-for-myself, wahhhhh blog post from a few days ago, you know that Nick and I have been experiencing a lot of financial stress lately... which, in turn, has led to stresses in other areas, and just made me feel downright depressed about life in general.

Well, tonight, I feel like a lightbulb suddenly went off in my head... only, it wasn't exactly a lightbulb... it WAS, in fact, a visit from a certain "angel" in my life (you know who you are, *wink*). Someone near and dear to both Nick and me visited us today and shared years of knowledge and experience with us, in hopes that we would absorb some advice and change our bad habits and, overall, live a much less stressful life.

For the first time in weeks, months, maybe even years, I feel that I DO have control over my life, financially and otherwise. I'm certain that Nick and I will "be okay."

To my "angel": Thank you... so much. Words can't even express how I feel right now, and "thank you" certainly doesn't feel like enough. We've had a lot of "help" in the past, but nothing... and I do mean NOTHING, means as much as what happened here today. In just a few hours, I feel that I learned so much from you... and I know that was just the beginning. I feel truly blessed to have you in my life!! Thank you, thank you, thank you... a thousand times over.

Hope has definitely been restored... just when it was needed the most.

So, today was a GREAT day!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE love you all so much. When WE get finished crying, WE'll figure out how to sign off.

Actually, there were other angels. Their names were Katie and Gayle. They were just passing it along ...

From: Those who Certainly Are NOT Angels....*LOL*

Anonymous said...

just read for the first time...had no clue what the world of blogging was all about. Thank you for sharing.Love, Heather