Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Happy Birthday to.... ME!

Yes, today is my birthday.

Yes, I'm 30 years old (eeeek!).

And yes, for some insane reason, I'm making a "big deal" out of my birthday this year.

I couldn't tell you why, but I'm thrilled to have a day that is all about ME!
Maybe it's because I've spent the last few months concentrating on and celebrating every other family member's birthday (Nick and Avery in December; Damon, Mom, and Dad in January).
Maybe it's because I spend all day, EVERY day, all year long concentrating on other people and making THEM and their needs/wants the center of my little universe.
Or maybe it's because I'm just an ego-maniac who wants to spend an entire day talking about herself and saying "YAY! I'm alive! I made it 30 whole years on this planet! weeeeeee!"

Regardless, today is MY day, all mine... and even though I'm a little depressed that I'm no longer a young 20-something girl, I'm quickly getting over that "age thing."

In all honesty, I'm proud that I've accomplished what I have in the past 30 years.

Avery woke up in the middle of the night (actually about an hour ago) and cried for me. As I tucked her back in her bed, I lingered and had one of those "middle of the night sappy moments" just staring at her and marveling over the fact that she's mine and that I created her! WOW! How did that happen?!?! And in that moment, I realized that being 30 years old, a good wife, a mother to two gorgeous, happy kids, and a friend to many is NOT such a bad thing after all!

So, happy birthday to me! I'm going to fully enjoy this day while it lasts and milk the attention for all it's worth... and never fear, for tomorrow I'll return to normal and forget that I exist, making "everyone else" my center again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great birthday Erin!!!