Thursday, December 15, 2005

My Answers to the "Holiday Get-to-Know-You" E-mail

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate
Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Both; usually sits them under the tree, though (b/c his "main elf" is really lazy! LOL).
Colored lights on tree/house or white? White
Do you hang mistletoe? No. My mom has one of those "kissing ball" things in her house this year, and I think that's pretty cool... but I don't have one of those, either! :)
When do you put your decorations up? The day after Nick's birthday (Dec. 12th)
What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My all-time favorite for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners (which have always been the same spread in my family) is the STUFFING. YUM. Mashed potatoes are a close second, though.
Favorite Holiday memory as a child? It always involves my brother, oddly enough, although it varies depending on our ages. When we were young kids, my fondest memory would be him waking me up at 4am, and then the two of us sitting together with ants in our pants until we were "allowed" to wake Mom at 6am! One year when we were older, but still living at home (I think I was 16, he was 21), we stayed up late that night watching movies in his room, and I fell asleep with him in his bed (nothing incestuous going on, I promise! LOL). But, it felt nice to be "close" to him on Xmas, just like when we were small kids.
When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember... obviously it wasn't very tragic for me. Because I had an older brother, I'm sure "the magic" didn't last very many years.
Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When we were kids, we were always allowed to open one gift (of our choosing) on Christmas Eve. My kids don't do that... yet!
What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Whatever we have on hand! Usually Chips Ahoy! :)
Snow: Love it or Dread it? Love it! Always get excited when a storm is forecast... but then, I get sick of it really quickly once it's here!
Can you ice skate? A little. But I'm much better (or used to be, anyway) on roller skates!
Do you remember your favorite gift? This is an easy one---Avery Brooke. Although she was a day late, she's by far the best Xmas gift I've EVER received!
What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family and traditions. Although, I'm usually disappointed in the lack of enthusiasm from most of my family. I just hope I can instill some in my children so that they experience the "magic" of Christmas for years to come.
What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My stepmom's sugar cookies with sprinkles!
What is your favorite holiday tradition? In the past: watching It's a Wonderful Life several times each season with my dad and stepmom. More recently: going to Oglebay (in Ohio) and driving through their Festival of Lights display, listening to Christmas carols on the radio.
What tops your tree? A really obnoxious star with different colors and lights... UGH. (Damon loves it!)
Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? Definitely giving, especially when I just know I've found that "perfect gift" for someone!
What is your favorite Christmas Carol? Let There Be Peace on Earth
Candy Canes! I don't care for candy canes. Especially this year... they have become my #1 pet peeve, b/c Avery keeps discovering them and she's been a red and white sticky mess for a week now! LOL

No comments: