Saturday, November 19, 2005

A Clear-Headed Day

Today I'm having one of those "clarifying moments," only the moment has lasted for hours so far... pretty frightening! :)

I just feel like "all's right with the world" for once. And all day I've been trying to figure out WHY I feel this way... and haven't come up with an answer to that one, so I'm just trying to enjoy it while it lasts instead of wondering where it came from!

I'm usually overwhelmed with, ummm, everything! There's always a pile of editing on my desk that I can never find the time to do; two kids running around screaming for something; tons of housework that remains to be done; and then there are the zillions of pictures that I have big plans for scrapbooking SOMEDAY.

And all of this usually makes me a very grumpy person! Instead of figuring out how to "get a handle" on any of it, I find that I spend a lot of time grumbling about it and doing NOTHING. Yeah, that helps a lot.

Today, I'm not overwhelmed, but instead my little brain is hatching plans for how to accomplish everything... and most importantly, my brain seems to think that all of this WORK will be fun!

I'm sure I will wake up from this reverie soon enough, and resume my usual grumpiness and bleak outlook on life... but for now, I'm going to get up and get some things done around here, before the "moment" passes!

No comments: