Sunday, October 05, 2008

The countdown is on!

Four days from now, I'll be on my way to Georgia for a mini-family reunion! My dad recently moved to the Peach State and lives across the street from my grandparents and across town (or one town over, something like that!) from my aunt.

I don't see my dad's family nearly enough. It's been several years... and my Pawpaw has never even met my husband! So, we're all really looking forward to the trip and some quality time with the family.

My Granny is the world's best cook (if you're into artery-clogging food... and I generally am), so we'll probably come home 10 lbs heavier, but very happy! :)

And I found out today that my aunt has a karaoke machine that's set up in my dad's garage. Guess where I'll be spending the majority of my weekend?? Someone should probably warn the neighbors to get some ear plugs.

So, Dad, Aunt Linda, Uncle Marvin, Granny, and Pawpaw -- We'll see you guys soon! We're sooooooo looking forward to it!

6 comments:

Emily Suzann said...

Beginning my own countdown here! I can't wait to see you and the fam. Claire can't wait to meet you guys!

Carrie Hewitt said...

Ok, now its my turn to be jealous. I wish I was going with you! Make Memaw make you a grilled cheese in honor of me and some homemade biscuits and gravy too!

ErinRagan said...

Carrie, I don't think I've ever had a grilled cheese by Granny... but biscuits and gravy, that's a given! LOL

Emily, I can't wait to meet Claire!! And to see you again! :)

Lisa said...

M'mm M'mm... I love me some artery clogging food, for sure! Yum! Have a fantastic trip.

Grampy said...

Correcting ERRATA: The kareoke machine is in temporary STORAGE in the garage -- it will be hooked up in the living room (62 in. Sony w/Bose speakers & surround sound) -- and the windows/doors will be CLOSED out of respect for my neighbors (I AM NEW HERE, after all). . . So "edit on," 'Ronius . . . can't wait to see youse guys. . . 29 hrs. 'til the Witchyawival!!

Grampy said...

Eddierata -- KARAOKE (I can't SPELL it -- much less DO it!!!