Thursday, October 30, 2008

Come sightseeing with me!

I haven't taken many pics lately (other than Halloween silliness). So this afternoon when I left to get the kids from school, I took my camera along. Lucky you!

There's my house this afternoon. Exciting, huh? Hi, House! This is my view driving down the hill that we live on. That's Route 22 in the distance, locally known as Heroin Highway (isn't THAT pleasant??) because it runs straight into Pittsburgh, which is supposedly where all of our drugs come from. So quaint. This is a twisty, curvy VERY steep hill... and there are some great views from up there (it's also a real bitch when covered in snow and ice!). Hi, Heroin Highway!
I've been wanting THIS picture for weeks. And this isn't a very good shot because I was driving down the hill, around a curve, trying not to kill myself in the process. (Not to mention the fact that Blogger is going to shrink it up so much that you won't really be able to see much.) But, it shows a good portion of downtown Weirton... and off in the distance is the bridge that crosses into Ohio. It's a gorgeous shot when you're driving through there. I've been telling Nick that I want this picture... but there's no way to get it without taking your life into your hands. You can't stop on this hill unless you WANT to be rear-ended. Nick thinks I could stop and throw him out real quick (I like the sounds of that... some days!) and continue on my way, while he climbs OVER the guardrail and stands ON the ledge of the hill to get the picture. Yeah, right. Then I'll go pick out your casket! Hi, Weirton!
At the bottom of the crazy hill, take a left and there you'll see my mom's apartment building (mostly hidden behind the trees here)... I don't think it's even 2 miles from our front door. Mom lives at the tippy top on the 7th floor. She's the only resident under the age of 103... she's also the only resident who has a full set of teeth. Hi, Mom!
This is driving back up the hill, on the other side... on my way to Avery's school. I almost ran off the road getting this picture. It was a very dangerous afternoon for me! Hi, fellow travelers on Cove Road! Up Spook Hill, weeeeeeeeee! (Sorry, that was my favorite book as a child... I had a little flashback there.)
Never fear, I have lots more pictures where these came from... although I didn't have to take my life into my hands for any of them. I just had to yell and cry and threaten my kids to cooperate for me.

No comments: