Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Her first sleepover

Avery is spending the night across the street with her BFF Andi tonight.

And it feels really WEIRD.

The girls have been inseparable for a month or more now... every day, Avery begs and begs to go over to Andi's to play until I finally give in sometime in the afternoon and let her go. Then they spend the rest of the day until bedtime back and forth between our two houses.

And, they both have older brothers who have sleepovers quite frequently, so I guess the girls decided it was time for THEM to get in on the sleepover action!

I was a little reluctant, just because Avery is a pill at bedtime anyway... even when she's at home in her own bed. And I really didn't want to subject Andi's poor mother to Avery at bedtime. But the girls were sooo excited this evening when Andi's mom and I agreed that it would be okay (selfishly, I'm glad the first sleepover is occuring across the street and not here! lol).

Avery came home tonight and had dinner with us, then I gave her a bath, packed her overnight bag (complete with her favorite blankie, her Bear, and her special pillow that my friend Becki made when she was born... in case Avery forgets her birth stats!), and walked her across the street. I gave Andi's parents all of our phone numbers and told them to call me at any point tonight if Avery needs/wants to come home for any reason.

So far, so good. It's almost midnight and we haven't heard anything yet! I did just go outside on our front porch, and noticed that all of the lights are still on over there... and then I saw the girls going upstairs to Andi's room, so I'm guessing "lights out" will be soon. As I saw Avery climbing the stairs over there, with Bear in hand, I whispered goodnight to my little monkey and felt a little sad... she's growing up on me, too, just like her big brother!

Nick and I both commented earlier that it's kinda strange knowing that Avery's not home tonight. And we're both glad that her first big-girl sleepover is taking place only about 50 yards away from us!

I'm already looking forward to seeing her smiling face in the morning.

Sweet dreams, Monkey!

2 comments:

Carrie Hewitt said...

Well? How was it? Did she stay the whole night or come home?

ErinRagan said...

She stayed all night!!

I didn't see her 'til around 10:30 this morning. Andi's mom reported that the girls were up, watching movies, 'til around 2:30am!!!

So I think tonight will definitely be an early night! ;)