Friday, March 28, 2008

A girl can dream...

One major factor in our decision to move to the hills was that the cost of housing is much cheaper over here (ie, our rent is now HALF of what it was before). And, somewhere in a deep, dark corner of my mind, I even entertained the thought that maybe, just maybe, I'd actually be able to quit my freelance work altogether one of these days... and enjoy being a "stay-at-home mom" for once (since that's what everyone seems to think I am anyway).

So, here we are... Rent is half. Nick is making decent money.

So, have I quit my job? Wellll... not exactly.

What I have done is taken on even MORE work. I really should have my head examined, I know.

Yesterday I signed on to do freelance projects for another company, in addition to the work I already do for Company #1 (and I never have enough time to do that as it is).

Today I'm trying desperately to organize my "office" (I use that term VERY loosely, trust me!), so that I can start on my new project---a 70-chapter, 2085-page medical book, which needs to be fully copyedited in approx. 6 weeks (Dad, can I get an "eeeeeegads!" on that one??)!

Tomorrow you'll probably find me in the local psychiatric facility.

Maybe when I return from there, I can finally pursue my dream of being a stay-at-home mom? Doubtful.

3 comments:

Grampy said...

eeeeeegaaaaaads!

ErinRagan said...

Thanks, Dad! I knew I could count on you, lol

Linda said...

So, you finished with that one yet??? LOL Good luck!