Wednesday, November 15, 2006

When will I learn?!?!

All week, I've felt like I can't tell if I'm coming or going... most of this is due to the fact that I can't convince myself to get to bed at a normal hour, ever.

It's no secret to those who have known me for any length of time that I am, in fact, a nightowl. But, having two kids DID change that for me... for a while. For the past 5 or 6 years, the kids have worn me out... and by 9 or 10pm, I've been ready to call it a night.

But, for some reason, in recent months, the nightowl has "re-awakened." I think it's probably because Nick has a very strange work schedule, and he gets home around 2:30am most nights. For me to stay up until 2am is nothing out of the ordinary... so I've been trying to wait up for him.

This is all fine and good until the alarm goes off at 7am and I have to get up and get Damon ready for the schoolbus.

Ever since my mom moved back in with us (about 2.5 weeks ago), she has had to scream up the stairs at me every morning to get me out of bed in the morning... and she's made several comments like "how in the world did you ever get Damon to school before I moved in?? Noone gets up in the morning in this house!!" Well, I'm not sure HOW, but we did manage *insert eyeroll here*.

This week, I've just felt horrible, though... and I'm sure it's due to lack of sleep. And I'm sleeping in most mornings, then feeling worthless for the majority of the day... until the nightowl lands on my shoulder at about 10pm and I'm wide awake again. *sigh*

I know it's my own stupid fault and I NEED to get on a better schedule sleep-wise. But honestly, the only time I have to devote to my work is late at night, after I finally get the kids settled into bed. So, it's just a vicious cycle.

I really WANT to go to bed early tonight... but I know it won't happen. I have a stack of working sitting here that I'm behind on... and ten tons more waiting for next week. Does the fun EVER stop???

No comments: