Monday, September 25, 2006

We are lucky, lucky people...

to have the Ocean in our big backyard!

Last week, my old college buddy Ellen surprised me by showing up on my doorstep unannounced for a visit. I heard a knock on the door and thought it was a delivery person of some sort, and opened the door to find Ellie and a dish full of brownies instead! It was so great to see her... I think it's been about 2 years since the last time we saw each other.

Since Nick has been out of town, it was great to have some company (adult conversation, yay!)... and since the kids and I have been sick, it was also nice to have an extra "hand" around here for a day or two (thanks, Ellie--Damon says you make a mean jelly sandwich, lol).

Since Ellen was here, I felt compelled to take her to visit the Ocean. It's crazy that I don't do this more often. It really is in my backyard, and tourists pay so much money each year to come vacation here... all I have to do is drive a few miles, and voila! Paradise!! Yet, I can rarely be bothered to venture to the beach.

Anyway, Ellen, Avery, and I spent the afternoon walking on the beach, digging for seashells, and enjoying the gorgeous day on the water.

Here are a few pics that Ellie emailed to me today (I actually took some pics that day, too, and even got some of ELLEN, lol, but my camera batteries are dead, so they'll have to wait). I have so few pics of me and my kids, because I'm usually the one BEHIND the camera... so I really loved these shots that she got of me and Avery.


2 comments:

Ellen said...

Glad you like the pics, it was such a great day. Can't wait to see ye'all again. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

awww erin, those are really good pics ya got there!!