Tuesday, November 08, 2005

What's a Bored Mom To Do?!?!

Okay, so it's another Tuesday evening, after another stressful week/month/year, and I'm in a GREAT mood. I'm really missing my pre-baby days when I could go out on the town and celebrate my good mood with a few drinks and a few laughs. Obviously, that's not an option anymore, with two little ones who need me at home, and noone willing to babysit at the drop of a hat (darn it!). So, I decided that, tonight, I'm going to sit at home and have a few drinks and try to enjoy myself anyway! Only, that just sounds SAD. So, I sent an email to my SAHM (stay-at-home moms, for those of you who are wondering) Yahoo Group and invited any and everyone to come on over and have a fun evening with me. And.... you guessed it... I got NO takers.
So, now, I'm just sad.
My mind is going back in time to a time when I had no children and not many bills to pay, and I could just throw on some make-up and hop in my car and go out for a fun night on the town with friends. BOY, do I miss those days!!
But, of course, the sweet injustice of it all is that back THEN, I would've given my right arm for a warm, cozy home full of chubby children and a loving husband. Go figure...
Ain't life funny????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally know how you feel. I had a recent meltdown and cried to Doug because of a loss of freedom feeling. I just wanted to be ALONE without my kids. It is so hard for us to get away (the little one still nurses and is totally attached...literally). I feel like every moment has to be totally planned out and scheduled. I occasionally dream of a time when Doug and I could just go out and enjoy some drinks without having to call and check on our kids, worry about how the babysitter is doing, or worry about waking up with a hangover and a 3 year old yelling for cheerios. Then a crying baby brings me back to reality. I am happy in my life... and although at times I long for my carefree college days, I wouldn't trade what I have for all of the mudslides in the world.

We are just some frustrated moms who need a little time to have some fun! Nothing wrong with that!!!